Walnut Creek Lift Station – Odor Control Improvements
Prebid Date9/17/19 10:00 am
Bid Date10/1/19 11:00 am
Company & Contacts
Freese and Nichols, Inc.
Sam Beavans 919-582-5855
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Project: Walnut Creek Lift Station – Odor Control Improvements
Owner: City of Raleigh, North Carolina, Public Utilities Department, One Exchange Plaza,
Suite 620, Raleigh, NC 27602.
Contact: Matthew Cotton, P.E., 919-996-3528, email@example.com
Engineer: Freese and Nichols, Inc.
1017 Main Campus Drive, Suite 1200
Raleigh NC, 27606
Contact: Robert Vinay, P.E., 919-582-5865, firstname.lastname@example.org
Separate sealed Bids will be received until 11:00 AM, Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at One Exchange
Plaza, Suite 620, Conference Room 1, Raleigh, NC 27601, at which time and place bids will be publicly opened and read aloud for the construction of Walnut Creek Lift Station – Odor Control
After Bids are opened, the Owner shall evaluate them in accordance with the methods and criteria
set forth in the Instructions to Bidders. The Owner/City Council reserves the right to waive any
informality or to reject any or all Bids. Unless all Bids are rejected, Award will be made to the lowest responsible Bidder, taking into consideration quality, performance and the time specified in the proposals for the performance of the Contract.
A Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting and Site Visit will be held at 10:00 AM, Tuesday September 17, 2019 at the Walnut Creek Lift Station, 2300 Barwell Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610.
The Project consists of the following major items:
• Replacement of the existing caustic scrubber with two (2) biotrickling filters
• Installation of one (1) carbon adsorber unit
• Installation of two (2) associated blowers.
• Associated duct work.
• Retaining wall and other associated site work
• Associated electrical and SCADA upgrades.
Bidding Documents may be examined at Engineer’s office (Freese and Nichols, Inc., 1017 Main Campus Drive, Suite 1200, Raleigh NC, 27606) and at the following plan rooms:
• Carolinas AGC, Inc., Charlotte, NC through iSQFT at www.isqft.com
• Hispanic Contractor’s Association Carolinas (HCAC), Charlotte, NC through iSQFT at
• Dodge Plan Room at www.construction.com
• N.C. Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. at www.ncimed.org
• Raleigh-Durham Minority Business Development Center, Raleigh, NC
Copies of the Bidding Documents may be reviewed online and purchased from Accent Imaging at 8121
Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617, 919-782-3332, or at www.planscope.com. A hard copy may be purchased for a non-refundable fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) plus sales tax and
shipping. An electronic copy may be purchased for a non-refundable fee of seventy-five dollars
($75.00). Documents must be purchased through Accent Imaging, and bids will only be accepted from
companies listed on the official bidders list to be maintained by Accent Imaging.