City of Raleigh - Zebulon Raw Water Intake Facilities Demolition
Prebid Date10/27/22 10:00am
Bid Date11/22/22 2:00pm
Company & Contacts
Freese and Nichols, Inc.
Sam Beavans 919-582-5855
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
POSTED: 10/10/2022 CITY BID NUMBER: 274-ZRW
Project: Zebulon Raw Water Intake Facilities Demolition
Owner: City of Raleigh, North Carolina, Raleigh Water, One Exchange Plaza, Suite 620, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Contact: Courtney Licata, firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer: Freese and Nichols Inc.,
1017 Main Campus Drive, Suite 1200,
Raleigh, NC 27606
Contact: Sam Beavans, (919) 582-5850, email@example.com
Bids will be received either hard copy or electronically via email to Courtney Licata (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 2:00 PM, Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at which time and place bids will be opened for the construction of the Zebulon Raw Water Intake Demolition project. A virtual bid opening utilizing Microsoft Teams will be made available upon request.
After Bids are opened, the Owner shall evaluate them in accordance with the methods and criteria set forth in the Instructions to Bidders. The Owner/City Council reserves the right to waive any informality or to reject any or all Bids. Unless all Bids are rejected, Award will be made to the lowest responsible and responsive Bidder, taking into consideration quality, performance and the time specified in the Bid Form for the performance of the Contract.
A mandatory on-site Pre-Bid Meeting will be held at 10:00 AM, Thursday October 27, 2022 at 1228 Water Plant Rd, Zebulon, NC 27597.
The Project consists generally of the following major items:
· Demolition of the abandoned intake facilities including 2 brick buildings and foundations, 2 influent pipes and supports, fencing, and miscellaneous piping, valves and equipment inside the buildings.
· Proper abatement of asbestos and lead paint as detailed in the specifications.
· Construction and removal of gravel access road.
· Removal of underground electrical conduits to a depth of 1’ below grade.
· Removal of buried piping to a minimum depth of 3’ below grade.
· Backfilling and restoration of the site following removal of all materials.
· Cleaning and coating of exterior concrete walls, metal storage building, and standby generator at the Old Water Plant.
Complete Bidding Documents may be reviewed online and copies may be obtained from Accent Imaging, www.planscope.com, 8121 Brownleigh Dr, Raleigh, NC 27617, (800) 280-0755. Hard copies or electronic files may be obtained for the following non-refundable fees:
· Full-size paper copy (digital file included): $50.00
· Digital file only: $25.00